Millions of men know firsthand what inflammation of the prostate is. At the end of treatment, doctors strongly recommend becoming familiar with ways to prevent recurrence of prostate involvement. Among them, the prevention of prostatitis stands out. It will be useful for men who have not yet encountered similar problems.
Primary and secondary prevention
There are different forms of prevention:
- Primary. Its main purpose is to prevent the development of the inflammatory process in the prostate. Such prevention is necessary for absolutely every man after 30 years;
- Secondary. It is intended for those who have already suffered from prostatitis. The purpose of this prophylaxis is to prevent re-lesion of the gland and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home consists of a variety of measures that will significantly improve a person's quality of life and protect them from prostatitis.
way of life
Everyone should lead a correct lifestyle regardless of their state of health. It is this preventive measure that avoids a wide variety of diseases. Prostatitis is no exception.
Most men have prostatitis due to a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting or lying down for long periods of time leads to stagnant processes in the pelvic organs. And these are ideal conditions for the development of prostatitis.
To avoid pathology, it is necessary to actively participate in sports, swim and take time for walks in the fresh air. No less useful is gymnastics, for which you should definitely give a place in everyday life.
Normalization of diet
What a man eats greatly affects the work of his body's internal organs and systems. Leading nutritionists share with everyone the secrets of how to avoid prostatitis with a well-planned diet. Diet is always an essential part of treating a patient with inflammation of the prostate. It will also be useful for healthy men who do not want to face such an uncomfortable diagnosis in the future.
Adhering to a specific eating culture will help prevent prostatitis from developing:
- Eating should be done in designated areas. It is highly undesirable to eat on the go;
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of the cutlery;
- You need to eat at least 3 times a day. There should be breaks of up to 4 hours between meals. If a person is unable to have a regular snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner, they should have at least one cup of tea;
- Snacks must be avoided in the late evening and at night. This option is only allowed if the person works the night shift.
Men should opt for dishes made from natural products. It is highly undesirable to include in the diet too fatty, fried, smoked products. A monotonous menu is also prohibited. Harmful foods need to be replaced with healthy foods that do not contain preservatives and colorings.
Proper nutrition not only protects against prostatitis, but also against many other ailments.
The daily diet of a man who takes care of his own health should be enriched with fruits, vegetables, meat and fish products, as well as dairy products.
In order not to have any health problems, you need to give up alcohol. Its presence in food is only allowed in a minimal amount.
The main method of preventing prostatitis, doctors call massage the gland. Such procedures are allowed for men who have already experienced an aggravated form of the disease. Thanks to therapeutic massage, the necessary outflow of fluids is created, which, due to the inflammatory process, accumulates in the acini.
Doctors usually recommend finger prostate massage for men. It copes well with venous congestion in the problem area and improves blood circulation. In order for the prostate to function normally, full prophylaxis is required, which includes around 8-10 sessions.
Protection against infections of the body
Prevention of prostatitis at home should be aimed at protecting the body from infection. This is due to the fact that, in most cases, prostatitis is caused by pathogens from diseases of the genitourinary system. If a man is already infected, he should start treating the source of the infection immediately to prevent it from spreading.
Intestinal diseases can lead to infections. This department of the gastrointestinal tract must be monitored with special care. It is necessary to prevent the appearance of constipation or diarrhea, since such stool disorders weaken local immunity. You should also avoid the appearance of cracks in the anus and hemorrhoids.
Not only intestinal problems can lead to an infection of the gland. Urinary system diseases are no less dangerous. Emptying the bladder early and avoiding overfilling will help prevent it.
If the bladder is full for a long time, this leads to an infection of the pelvic organs.
Prostate inflammation prevention affects a man's intimate life. Sexually transmitted diseases increase the likelihood of infection of the gland. Therefore, you should avoid sexual contact with unknown partners. It is also advisable to avoid prolonged abstinence from sex. At the same time, too frequent sexual intercourse is also considered unacceptable.
Gymnastics and exercise
Exercise to prevent prostatitis will give a good result. Daily morning exercise is good for everyone. It is not necessary to take tablets to avoid problems with the pelvic organs. It is enough to regularly perform a special series of exercises. It contains:
- Rotation of the pelvis in different directions;
- Lifting the legs and turning them while lying down;
Such gymnastics will help improve blood circulation in the pelvic area. It helps reduce the risk of edema in the problem area and stagnant processes.
What other exercises for the prevention of prostatitis should be included in the daily gymnastics, the doctor will tell you.
It is better to ask your doctor about a specific list of exercises.
On the advice of a doctor, men can take drugs to prevent prostatitis. They have the following effect:
- Prevents the occurrence of stagnant processes;
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Normalize blood circulation;
- Improve hormone levels;
- Restore metabolic processes.
Preventive drugs are offered in various dosage forms.
No less useful are such means for the prevention of prostatitis as dietary supplements.
Medicines and supplements have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, you should not start taking it without consulting your doctor first.
Prophylaxis of prostatitis with folk remedies remains very popular among men. They allow you to replace pills and other drugs that do not always differ in their natural composition. In order to recover faster and avoid repeated infection of the prostate from infections in the future, proven means will help:
- Pumpkin seeds. Raw seeds, which should be gnawed in small quantities daily, will help restore the health of the gland.
- Onion tincture. It is prepared from an onion, which is poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The product should be infused for approximately 2. 5 hours. After taking 40 ml three times a day;
- Herbal tincture. A popular remedy that many men love is collecting basil flowers, horseradish, and walnut leaves. The main components are mixed together in a ratio of 1: 4: 1. Next, the mixture is poured with 500 ml of red wine. It should be infused during the day. It is recommended to take 60 ml of wine tincture three times a day;
- Tincture with honey and onions. Another useful remedy that helps protect the prostate and other genitourinary organs from inflammation. It consists of 180 g honey and 500 g onions. The resulting mixture is poured into 1 liter of dry white wine. The drug should be infused for about 8-10 days. After taking it before meals, 60 ml;
- Chestnut broth. The recipe requires 5 tbsp. l. shredded bark of this tree. They need to be poured with 1 liter of hot water, and then evaporated in a water bath until 300-350 ml remain in the container. It is recommended to drink the finished medicine 35 drops before sitting at the dining table;
- Alcohol suppositories for the prevention of prostatitis with propolis. Before using this remedy, it is imperative to consult your doctor. To prepare such candles, you should mix 100 ml of alcohol and 20 propolis. Add 10 g of cocoa butter to each 50 mg of the mixture. From the resulting mass, small candles are formed, which must be placed in the anus at night for a month;
- Honey candles. Such a medicine can be prepared at home from 6 tbsp. l. Rye bread (porridge) or flour, 2 tsp. Honey and 2 eggs. Candles are made from these ingredients. They are placed rectally twice a day for a month;
- Herbal tincture for enema. There are many recipes for making such a product. One of the most effective is an infusion of marigold, chamomile, arnica, celandine and plantain. The plants are mixed in a ratio of 4: 4: 2: 1: 30. Pour 500 ml of boiling water into the herbal mixture and let it steep for at least 45 minutes. Don't give an enema too often as it can lead to bowel problems.
It just depends on a man's actions whether he is at risk of developing prostatitis or if he shouldn't be worried about it just yet. It must be remembered that even a perfectly healthy person may one day face such an uncomfortable diagnosis if he neglects a healthy diet and a correct lifestyle.